23 September 2008

"Can't imagine life without You,
cause it's all for You,
yeah it's all for You." <3

23 September 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa

African Ramblings. :)

Hello from Johannesburg! I want to thank you all again for the amazing support coming from that side of the ocean; you have been absolutely fantastic and I love you all so much. :) I have so much to write on and tell, but my time today is limited, so I will just hit the high points! I am blogging every week, so that is the easiest way to keep up with me. Thank you all for the prayers so far; I am feeling much better physically and God is truly doing great things.

My team and I are truly in awe of all that the Lord is doing here. We have each formed relationships that are growing and flourishing. Among the six of us, we are teaching three Sunday discipleship classes. We are doing orphanage ministry weekly and working with the youth on nearly a daily basis. We are so busy; we can’t seem to get everything done! :) What a blessing, to have so much of the Lord’s work to do! I really cannot tell you how much God is working in my midst and in my own life; suffice it to say, I am amazed every single day. I have learned more about my Saviour in the past two months than I have in my entire life. I wish I could just go on and on, but we will save that for another time. :)

We are entering a time of great opportunity: school holidays begin this Friday, September 26 and end October 6. This is a huge time for the youth; it is full of chances for good, and for evil. Please stand with us in prayer. Pray first for the youth: that no one would be arrested or killed in the midst of bad choices. Pray for Christ’s influence in their lives; pray that we, through Him, would minister to them in a mighty way. Pray for the Bible school we will be holding at the orphanage next week. This is an opportunity to make an eternal impact on the children there, as well as a way for the youth to realize their potential in Christ and His ministry. Pray for salvations, in the church and outside, and for great growth in faith. Pray for youth members, who have been sick, even hospitalized. Pray down Satan’s attack in their lives.

Pray for us in this time of great prospect; spiritual warfare steps up greatly in times of heightened work for the Lord. Satan attacks us consistently, but it will be worse in these times. Pray for strength for us, and for a constant sense of God’s presence. Pray for wisdom and courage; just lift us up. We are confident in the Lord’s care, but we are called to stand in the gap for one another.

Pray for the safety of our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world. Persecution has been heightened in many places, including South Asia and parts of Eastern Africa. Pray for believers, pray for missionaries. Violence and fear are a part of many Christians’ lives, something so many of us cannot even understand. In our security, it is our call to stand in the gap. We are all a part of the body of Christ; we are all one family.

Lastly, continue to pray for the Hands On people all over this part of Africa. There are many of my ‘colleagues’ facing similar and even larger struggles, and I want to ask you to lift them up in a special way. Pray also for my church here, Lyndhurst. Pray that God would continue to work in lives here, and prepare the church for change. Pray that in the midst of political turmoil, people would turn to God. Pray for safety and peace here; pray that the Lord would ultimately be the one in power.

Again, I love you all so much, and I wish I could write more! If you have questions or just want to get a hold of me, feel free to write or email. You’ll get an answer as soon as Africa lets it get to you. :) I praise God for you, my family in Him. Continue doing great work in Him, and relying on Him fully. May His light shine bright in your hearts and lives.

Cheerio,
Sarah Elizabeth

"For I know the plans
I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you
and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope
and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm checking your blog every day. I wish I could talk to you more,
but we are both so busy. I hope you
are doing well and I miss you terribly. I'm so ready for you to
come home. I can't believe you've
been gone for almost two months it's
going by so fast. Everyone is asking
about you. I love you sooooo much.
I'll talk to you tonight :]

<3 Lilli

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I love and miss you so much.
I'm so glad I got to talk to you
last night. I wish you were here to
watch Grey's Anatomy with me, It's not the same without you. I hope you're doing well. I will talk to you later tonight. I loveee you sissy :]
<3 lilliannnn