16 September 2008

happy day. :)

it is a beautiful Tuesday morning in Joburg, and it has already been an amazing week! :) I spent the majority of last week in bed; bad bug of some sort. I went to the doctor on Friday, and they tested me for malaria- which thankfully came back negative! I started feeling sick that Sunday night and didn't get to feeling better really until this past Sunday. I am doing good now though. :) Don't worry. Thank you to everyone who prayed. Keep praying! :D Anywho, that means I don't have a lot of stories to tell from the past ten days or so. Sorry! My teammates have plenty going on, so praise God, and I am getting right back into the swing of things. I will tell you all about ministry in a minute. :) But first, I want to tell you about my adventures in Africa! :D
Yesterday, we went to the lion park! :D Ahhhh! I cannot express my joy. It was amazing! :D You guys know how much I get excited about things. I took pictures, and I am going to post a video my friend Greg made. It was a fantastic day. We also had South African chinese food for lunch. :) fabulous.

A quick outline of what my ministry (and life) looks like...
Sundays:
discipleship teaching (Sunday school) for 10-12 year olds @ 8:45
worship at 10:15
afternoons: complex ministry, relationship building
Mondays:
day off! (mall, 'field trips', chill time)
Tuesdays:
communication day (debrief with supervisor, email, blog, etc.) from 9am to 4pm
youth recreation time 4:30pm-6:30pm
Wednesdays:
relationship building and complex ministry
meetings (?)
cell group 7:30-9:30pm
Thursdays:
orphanage 9am-4pm
Fridays:
prep/study time; work on lessons, etc.
youth meeting @ 6pm
Saturdays:
all sorts of stuff.

Pray for the orphanage, that the Gospel would impact the workers and the kids. Pray for the Bible school we will be holding there in early October. Pray for the relationships being built in the community and that God would continue to bring us divine appointments. Pray for our strength and wisdom; pray that we would learn more about God every day. Pray for the youth and the struggles that they are facing. Pray for our cell group and discipleship classes. Pray that above all, God's will would be done in our lives. Pray for protection against the evil one's attacks, what we call spiritual warfare. Pray for our families and those we love at home. <3

Alright, you guys. I'm going to bid you goodbye for now. I am praying for you daily, and I love you all so much. Thank you for loving and supporting me. You are truly appreciated. :) God bless you and keep you until we meet again.

In Him,
Sarah

new pictures:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2276110&l=1d0bc&id=2734332

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sissy, I love you so much and I haven't left you a comment yet. I'm at school right now haha I'm so glad
you're feeling better. I can't wait to talk to you tonight. Be safe and I'm praying for you. I love you !

<3 Lilliannnn :]