13 October 2008

9 October 2008
11:37 pm
Joburg

One of my housemates, who shall remain anonymous, has a knock for making the power go out, for the whole house, at about eleven at night when she plugs in her fan. :) I know, it’s something faulty with the electrical, but it is so funny! We laugh all the way down the stairs to the breaker box; it’s a wonder we don’t break our necks! :D The darkness, however momentary, made me think about the darkness of this world and how Jesus is our everlasting light. :) My awesome Bible dictionary on my computer gave me several verses about this, so I’ll let you read them now. :) Happy times.

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”—John 8:12

He is a light to reveal God to the nations, and He is the glory of your people.
Luke 2:32

The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:4-5

I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.—John 12:46

Brilliant, isn’t it? :) Our God is the God of light, of salvation, of mercy and love. He is holy, so holy; but He loved us enough to give up so much for us. What an amazing love. <3>

Glory of Your Name
Christy Nockels

It was in the way You came, as a lowly babe,
that Your glory was displayed.
And it was in the sacrifice of the purest life,
it was in Your Father’s will obeyed…

The perfect Lamb, that was slain,
that bears the glory of Your name.
No other one, no other way for me to see You.
You took my place, You are the way
that bears the glory of Your name.
Yes there’s the glory of Your name.

And it was in Your victory, risen for the world to see
that all who will believe could enter in.
And it was the passionate price, now demanding all my life,
and beating in the chambers of my heart.

The perfect Lamb, that was slain,
that bears the glory of Your name.
No other one, no other way for me to see You.
You took my place, You are the way
that bears the glory of Your name.
Yes there’s the glory of Your name.
The glory of Your name.

And there is nothing in this world
that could take the place of You,
that could take the place of You,
my Jesus.
And there is nothing in this life
that could take the place of
one Life, and one Love, and one Power
to save us all.
And one Hope, and Truth, and one
Glory in it all.
One Glory in it all.

The perfect Lamb, that was slain,
that bears the glory of Your name.
No other one, no other way for me to see You.
You took my place, You are the way
that bears the glory of Your name.
Yes there’s the glory of Your name.
The glory of Your name, Jesus.
The glory, the glory.
The glory of Your name.


Thank you, my Father, for being so glorious and amazing. Thank you for loving me regardless. You are holy and almighty, and You are greatly to be praised. “Whom have I in heaven but You? And on earth there is nothing I desire besides You.” I love you.

No comments: